<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 24, 2004

LORD, LORD, WHY DID YOU MAKE ME BLACK?

Lord, Lord - why did You make me Black?
Why did You make someone, The world want to hold back?

Black is the color of dirty clothes, And grimy hand and feet,
Black is the color of darkness, And tire-beaten streets.

Why give me thick lips, A broad nose and kinky hairs?
Why did You create me, To receive folks hateful stares?

Black is the color of bruised eyes, When someone gets hurt,
Black is the color of darkness, Black is the color of mirk.

Hows come my bone's so thick, My hips wide anc cheeks so high?
Hows come my eyes are black, And not the color of the sky?

Why do people think I'm useless; Yet, I feel so used?
And when they see my skin, Think I should be abused?

Lord, I just don't understand it; What is it about my skin?
Why do some want to hate me, Not knowing the person within?

Black is what people are "listed", When they stand up for what is right,
Black is the color of shadows, The absence of the light.

Even my own people mistreat me, You knows what I mean?
Whenever I need a brother, He's no wheres to be seen.

Lord, don't You think it's time, For You to make a change?
Why don't You undo creation, And make everyone the same?

GOD'S ANSWER:

Why did I make you Black?

Get up off your knees, And tell Me what you see?
I made you to look like Solomon, I made you the image of Me.

I made you the color the coal, From which beautiful diamonds are formed,
I made you the color of oil, The black gold that keeps you warm.

I made you from the rich, dark earth, Which yields the food you need,
I made you the color of black Stallions; Majestic, fast and free.

All colors of the rainbow are found, Throughout every nation,
But, when they were blended, You became my greatest creation.

Your hair - the texture of sheeps wool, The sacrifice lamb,
Curly - as if always kneeling, Before the Great, I am.

Your bones - I made are thick, To withstand the burdens of time,
The strength fo ra firm foundation, The hills that you must climb.

You are the color of midnight, I put the star's glitter in your eyes,
There's a smile hidden behind your smile, That's why your cheeks are high.

Your lips made full and firm, So when that one you kiss,
They will forever remember, With love and splendid bliss.

I made you the color of dark clouds, Your voice of thunder - the liberty bell did crack,
You shook the earth's foundation, That's why I made you black.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?